Wednesday 17 July 2013

#ESPspotlight Review: THE JEWELLERY SHOW LONDON - CATWALK SHOW, 12 JUNE


From the moment I received the London Jewellery Week press kit and examined the 'What's On' guide; the catwalk show was 'The Main Event', that I could barely contain my excitement for. Scheduled during the latter half of the 10-day extravaganza; I was anxious not to set the rest of the show up to fail, by allowing my eagerness to pale the other 'goings on' by comparison and so, I did as I was taught from a very young age - saw everything else first, and saved the best until last. Essentially, I made it the meat to look forward to, on a plate of brussel sprouts and broccoli. Vanessa Williams had nothing on the rules of my family dinner table!

A staggering 48 Watch, Jewellery and Fashion combinations from exhibiting designers at #JW13 showcased pieces across 6 different themes; 'Minimal Elegance', 'Heritage', 'Timeless', 'Sublime Nature', 'Living Embellishment', and 'Fragmented'.

Within minutes of the show starting, I realised two crucial things:

1. The styling was jawdroppingly magnificent. The handiwork of fashion stylist Siouxsie; clothing by designers such as Hellen Van Rees, Carlotta Actis Barone, Shubham Jain, Rebecca Street, Natasha Zinko and many (manymore, somehow managed to strike the perfect balance between controversial and attention-grabbing; without overshadowing, or detracting from, the accessories on show - instead enhancing the drama and regalia all-round.

2. To properly soak up, interpret and appreciate the deluge of information presented once the initial 'WOW Factor' has calmed; you really need to indulge in the show a good 2-3 times, blowing my silly intentions all the way to style purgatory.

Alas, I did my best to bring you as many of the works as my camera trigger finger would allow...If you're following me on Instagram, then you've already had a sneak peek; but if not, then revel in the nostalgic beauty posted in the photo album on the ESP Facebook Page. I know I'm still reliving them!

Did you attend the Jewellery Show London's Catwalk Show? What were your thoughts? Any favourite looks? You know where to go - your Comment Box below is extra warm and inviting...

The penultimate instalment of my London Jewellery Week series is on the way - Stay Tuned!
ES ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment