Sunday 9 October 2011

Have You Met Mr. Houston?

I first met Bobby Houston 6 years ago this December, through the mutual love for one of the greatest voices of all time. I'm not going to tell you who the owner is right now, because I want your focus and attention here!


A number of years later, I was told he could sing. Having never heard him myself though, and priding myself on my "listen first, laud later" standards; I thought "Ok" and thought no more of it. A while after that, THIS landed on my facebook page:




Shocked that this was the same cheeky Chappy I knew, I was always desperate to hear more, even go and see him live, but he was in the land of Stars, recording.


Now back, and through to tonight's Open Mic UK Regional Finals in Hayes, I can only say, that if this is anything to go by...




I wish the other Competition Finalists well, but suggest they bring not just their own A-Game, but that of any and everyone they know as well.


All the best Bobby!


The Open Mic UK Regional Finals take place at 7pm, at the Beck Theatre, Grange Road, Hayes, Middlesex UB3 2UE. Further information is available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment