Saturday 29 June 2013

#ESPspotlight REVIEW: Coldlilies AW13 Collection Private Press Launch, 11 June


'Intimate' isn't the first term you would automatically think of when the words 'conference room' come to mind; but when I arrived at One Aldwych Hotel on a grisly, wet Tuesday afternoon for the Coldlilies AW13 Collection Private Press Launch, I can assure you that  there is no description in existence that could be more fitting.

If you're unfamiliar with the Irish online boutique brand, never fear, so was I until a few weeks ago - here's a little introduction to their splendour...



Greeted by warmth from more than the climate control in the swanky surroundings; Ciara Davies and Kim Knowles - Co-Directors of Coldlilies coveted and curated online jewellery boutique, were the antithesis of what I was expecting when I read about the company's London launch on the Jewellery Week website. Down-to-earth and funny from the get-go, these ladies put on an excellent informal gathering, in a formal setting; presenting 22 hugely-talented designers to a new London audience in the cosiest of settings...with delicious tea and bewitching cupcakes that, had I not resisted until after my camera trigger finger had been holstered, would most definitely have made me forget my purpose...


Fortunately pour moi, I arrived during a lull, enabling me, my camera, and the many, many pretty trinkets to some 1:1 time, more precious than half the stones in the room. Having the designers stop in to meet the press was a crucial part of setting the ambient tone. I got the chance to not only speak with Úna Burke and Charlotte Valkeniers on my favourite subject - the inspirations behind their designs, but also quietly observe how well the company looked after their clients. The Co-Directors and university friends put the designers at ease by simply listening to the business issues first and foremost in their minds, then offering unobtrusive suggestions where necessary.

The sheer variety in the selection of designers caught my eye long before I set my camera up. With all that sparkle and shine, it was hard to know where to begin but fear not, the collections from each designer are sitting comfortably over on the ESP Facebook Page, awaiting your enjoyment. See for yourselves why this was one of my personal highlights from JW13 and as usual, don't forget to like, comment and share the album once you've revelled in all the splendour that Ciara and Kim had to offer...

You can keep up-to-date with all things Coldlilies via their website and social media catalogue below:



I'm not done with Jewellery Week; be sure to keep stopping back to continue experiencing the events through my eyes.

The next instalment? My High Time at The Watch Salon...make sure that you don't miss it!

Until then...
ES ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment